Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goodbye Maternity Leave

The time has finally come for me to return to work. I always knew it was inevitable but last week, especially, I was stressing about it. How will Lex do without me for such a long period of time? Will he take bottles? What if he always wants to be held and they call me to come pick him up?

I have been preparing Lex and myself this past week. Now he takes bottles just fine and I think he's ok with chilling in the various baby-holding devices we have. I have got to put my worries aside and trust that he will be ok. And he will be. He'll be in the hands of professionals, and I'll just be a phone call away.

I wish that I could be a stay-at-home mom, but it's just not feasible for us right now. When I was pregnant I thought I would be uncomfortable leaving him with others when he was so little, but I'm surprised at how quickly he has grown. I also thought I'd feel guilty about not being with him all the time, but I have to work--plain and simple. And we'll still have two full days together as well as the evenings. Plus he'll have a day all alone with Daddy each week.

I'm looking forward to getting us into our new schedule, and making the necessary adjustments. I know it's going to be rough at first but we'll figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. It's never easy going back to work. Once you get into a groove it will be better. I'll be heading back to work in July myself :(

    ReplyDelete