Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dreaming

For the past few days, I've found myself day dreaming of a lot of things but especially of building this... 


and this...


and a bunch of other stuff!

I recently discovered ana-white.com and I cannot get enough of it. Ana is amazing! She thinks up all these plans for magnificent furniture and then provides them for free. Her Facebook page is also great. There's a fabulous community of builders who help each other with the plans and suggest new ones and different variations. 

I have been so inspired by her blog and by all the fan photos. She makes it sound really easy to do. I've signed up on her site and already have a list of things to build. The husband has been dying to get some power tools ever since we moved into a house with a garage, and now I'm totally on board.

I love feeling the gears in my head turning, thinking of what kind of furniture I've always wanted and how to make it happen. I can't wait to get my tax return so I can buy some power tools and lumber and get started. 

1 comment:

  1. I *love* ana-white. Her projects are amazing. I keep thinking that someday I'll pull out the skill saw and have at one. Some day, after I get my dissertation written, I am so going to get out a saw and try one of her projects. :)

    ReplyDelete