Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekly Inspiration

My husband and I got married almost one year ago, on October 10, 2010. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and it was kind of a last minute decision so we decided not to do the traditional wedding. We had a small very informal ceremony at the Old Mill park in North Little Rock. We decided that since not everyone could be there, a year later we would have a family celebration. It's almost time! I thought I'd share some of my inspirations with you.

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest

I love the basic shape of this simple chiffon dress. I want mine to have the same outline, but I want to do something a little different with the bodice. I'm also just using cotton instead of chiffon.

Source: flickr.com via Ashley on Pinterest

This is a detail from Marilyn Monroe's famous dress from The 7 Year Itch. I love the detail in the midsection and plan on doing something similar for my dress. Yes, I'm going to sew myself a dress and yes it will be the first piece of women's clothing I've ever made. Wish me luck!


This lovely party on Hostess with the Mostest has heavily influenced my theme. I want a woodland theme but nothing too cutesy. I plan on lots of little toadstools on my table.Also lots of moss and rocks and moss rocks.


I'm kind of obsessing over terrariums, especially the ones under bell jars like these. Mine will most likely be in humble recycled jars but hopefully still have a whimsical feel.


For my cake topper, I want to sculpt an autumn tree and have our initials carved in it like this one. I also want 6 little toadstools at the base to represent our 6 children. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to pull it off, but I'm going to try!


Lastly, here's what I plan on doing for the favors. Instead of printing on the paper, I want to use my brown craft paper and a hand carved stamp with chalk ink. I haven't decided what to put inside yet.

I also plan on lots of pumpkins and bunting. Man, I love the fall! I'm so excited to have my little faux wedding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment