Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Hi there! Despite not having posted for over a month now, I'm still here and still crafting. I feel like I may have lost a little bit of my crafting mojo. I've been busy with my swapping and I hate to say that sometimes when I have an order for something, it feels more like work than play. So I tend to drag my feet a little. It's probably a good thing that I don't have an Etsy shop anymore. Currently popular is my Sweet Pumpkin Hat.


Isn't it precious? This is the one I made for Lex when I was still pregnant.

Sadly here in Arkansas we have had a severe lack of rain and lots of heat which has led me to practically abandon my poor little garden. The zucchini were still alive last time I checked, but one or maybe two of the tomatoes are dead :(. I don't think I'm cut out to be a gardener. Maybe when Lex is less needy a bit older.

I've been working on a project for Lex-man over the last month and I'm ALMOST done. I can't wait to share it with you guys. Speaking of Lex, he has already learned to crawl and is succeeding in getting into anything he can reach. He's getting so big!


I've also fallen in love with Pinterest. It's such a great invention! It's like a virtual idea board. I can't tell you how many times I have been looking at a blog and seen something I really love, bookmarked it, and then totally forgot about it. Pinterest gives me that great visual reminder, plus I get to see what other people have pinned which spawns more pins. It's awesome. I'm at http://pinterest.com/cimorene5/. If you want in invite, drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

In other news, I got a new job! I'm still working in customer service but am now thankfully out of the call center environment. I also get weekends off (finally!) and have a normal schedule that is not subject to change (yay!). I love it! I get to work with my husband and in a place that values creativity. Everyone here is genuinely friendly and I already feel very at home. The call volume is also a LOT lower than at my previous job and I'm hoping that means more time for knitting and crochet on the side and possibly more blogging.


 My co-workers are so sweet :)

I think that with this new job and new schedule, I'm going to be feeling a lot more like creating. Definitely embracing the change!


No comments:

Post a Comment