Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring!

Spring is definitely here in Arkansas. My most favorite part of Spring is seeing the daffodils spring up, almost overnight. I'm so happy that at my new house we have lots of them in the flower beds.

I can't believe it's already mid March. I have been wanting to plant a vegetable garden for about four years now but have never quite gotten around to it. This is the year that changes! I've already got someone lined up to build me a few raised beds, and I've still got my seed packets from a few years ago. A friend of mine also has the hookup with some potent compost tea and compost so I'm really excited about that. I plan on using the square foot gardening technique that I learned in my organic gardening class at UCA.

I think I'll also try to do some canning this year. Punk Domestics has some great recipes and canning ideas throughout the year. And thanks to the ridiculous amount of cabinets I have in the kitchen at this new house, I have plenty of room to store canned goodies.

This week Lex was at home with a nasty cough that we're trying to finally cure so I made myself useful and cleaned up my desk and craft area.
 What with all the pregnancy, holidays and new baby, It had gotten pretty messy.

I've been feeling the need to purge myself of all the junk I've been holding onto (I get a little sentimental about it), so this was a good start. Now I just have to do my closet and bedroom...

I really do love spring. And I love that I have a great yard with great flowering plants throughout it. It just makes me smile. I can't wait until Lex and I can chill out in the yard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment